rules of an unfriendly black hottie:
don’t touch me
don’t tell me to smile
don’t ask me if my hair is real
don’t try to touch my hair
don’t ask me if my boyfriend “lets” me have friends
A GIF showing what it’s like to wake up with sleep paralysis.
You’re forgetting the terrifying hallucinations
As someone who’s had sleep paralysis multiple times, let me tell you that if your mind has woken up and your body hasn’t DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN YOUR EYES. Wake your body up first by slowly trying to move it, wiggle your toes and hands, then gradually work your way up until your body is fully awake. Opening your eyes when you have sleep paralysis is hard enough, but when you do there is a good chance you can see hallucinations like this.
I also have been the victim of sleep paralysis too many times, its bad enough without hallucinations, and so i thought i would add some info on sleep paralysis for anyone who suffers from it.
- As Shada said, wiggling toes and hands are good ways to snap out of it, although other small body parts work, even humming/talking (although things related to breathing might be more difficult). Just FOCUS on one part, its hard to regain control, but easy to become paralyzed again.
- Once you can move again, dont go right back to sleep, you might get paralyzed again. Or have the worst dreams of your life. Turn on a light, do something relaxing, like reading a book. Its been said that looking at a light before sleeping can prevent sleep paralysis.
- Sleeping on your back rises the chances of you getting sleep paralysis. If you get it a lot, pay attention to what position you are in when it occurs.
- Hallucinations, the best part, arent just things like in the gif above. They could be anything from just dark shapes floating around, to scary monsters and demons to sounds and feeling like something is shaking/touching you. I’ve had an experience where it felt like my bed was shaking while a metallic screeching sound roared whenever i tried to breath. Solution? ignore it. Its all you can do. Hallucinations cant actually do anything to you, and you cant move again if you’re being distracted. And once the paralysis is gone, so are the hallucinations.
- Most people dont really have to worry, they will only get it once or twice in their life. Maybe not even ever! :D
I’ve had sleep paralysis since I was a kid but thankfully I stopped sleeping on my back years ago so the hallucinations decreased, but seriously it’s one of the scariest experiences even if it only lasts for a couple of minutes
Christ that was terrifying
Sleep paralysis is absolutely terrifying. Imagine being 8 and experiencing it…im not saying im afraid of the dark but I definitely keep the on
always assume i have lotion. i never let another black girl go ashy.
Reblog if you are part of the No Elbow Left Behind Network.
I keep them 99 cent lotion tubes from walgreens in my purse at all times
The samples sizes from Hotels are always in my purse, car, and home. I got y’all.
Scented, unscented, and baby lotion for the little ones.
I keep that extra healing Jergens at all times, ya dig. Get at me
Here’s a peak at some new Urban Decay products! I’m really excited about the color palette! I’m definitely going to snag that! And the glitters! This launch is right up my alley. How do you guys feel?
Oh my godddddd
Electric might get my dollars
If I wasn’t so broke….
SQUEEE I need this…every ounce of it!